Preparing for a journey requires a lot of preparation. It is important to be adequately prepared to avoid any issue during your journey. Whether you are driving or flying, there are some things that need to be put in place for a seamless journey.
If you will be driving, below is the checklist that you must consider before you embark on the journey.
- Ensure you have updated auto insurance with you as well as your car registration stickers on your license plate.
- Change the oil of your car and carry out any maintenance required.
- Fill the car with enough gas
- Book your hotel and get confirmation on the check-in time.
- Double check on the address you are going to so as to avoid driving aimlessly around trying to get direction
- Shop for grocery such as snacks and beverages to make the long journey more interesting
- Use your GPS device to navigate to your location.
If you will be flying:
- Get your passport and visa ready
- Book your flight. You might want to consider a return ticket if you are certain about your return date
- Confirm the flight time and ensure you do not miss it
- Arrange for your pick up at the airport at your arrival
- Be at the airport ahead of the departure time so that you can sort out all necessary travelling procedure on time
- Shop for grocery to ensure you have enough snacks to munch on as you journey. Do not totally rely on the snacks that will be provided by the airplane.
- Check fees and restrictions for luggage size in weight and dimension.
- Book your hotel ahead of time before you travel. It makes your journey easier and smoother.
When it comes to packing for your trip, you have to be sure you have everything well packed well ahead of time. It is advisable that you finish your packing at least forty eight hours before your trip. This will give you enough time to get everything you need into your luggage.